R.C. Column Design Spreadsheet to BS 8110-1: 1997
This is a very useful spreadsheet for designing reinforced concrete columns (braced, unbraced, slender, short, pinned, fixed etc). This together with the beam design spreadsheet is a fundamental tool for reinforced concrete designers. It makes column design a very simple task. The spreadsheet is easy to follow and use.
- A clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- Column is checked for compression, bending and bi-axial bending;
- Calculates required column reinforcement;
- Covers braced and unbraced columns (slender and short);
- Changeable bar diameters;
- The following end conditions can be specified: free (cantilever), pinned, semi-rigid and rigid;
- Spreadsheet checks column slenderness and applies additional moments as required by BS 8110;
- Includes column cross-section diagram for easier appreciations.
- Automatically calculates K;
- Gives 'N uz' and 'N bal' per reinforcement area;
- Gives minimum link diameter per reinforcement area;
- Option to change column type between vertically and horizontally (like precast column) cast;
- Up to eight loadcases;
- Design is based on British Standard (BS 8110-1 1997);
(Note: macros must be enabled for proper working of the spreadsheet. Follow instructions in this video)
"Excellent spreadsheet. Designing concrete columns is now as simple as it can be." Chris
"Very, very hand. A lot quicker than designing columns with charts as we were doing until now. Thanks for the great support Damian." Jessica W.