Surface Water Drain and Foul Sewer Design Spreadsheet
Very easy to use spreadsheet for checking pipe size for surface water drain or foul sewer. Calculations are based on tried and tested equations by Chezy, Escritt and Colebrook-White. Includes in-spreadsheet help to make it easier to use for new users. For designing combined and partially combined systems select foul sewer design option.
This spreadsheet was specially developed for Windows and Mac users.
- Clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- For surface water drains and foul sewers;
- Two calculation methods: SIMPLIFIED that takes Chezy's roughness coefficient as 56 (typical value for PE pipes - corrugated with smooth inner walls); and FULL that allows user to specify sewer's material;
- Allows user to specify maximum allowable bore height;
- Automatically calculates mean hydraulic depth factor and Manning's roughness coefficient;
- Pipe materials covered: asbestos cement, brick, cast-iron, clay, concrete, polyethylene (PE), PVC, steel and more;
- Specify kinematic viscosity of fluid, as default value for water is taken;
- Checks: flow rate running full, design pipe flow, design velocity;
- Quick summary of utilization factors;
- In-spreadsheet help;
- 'Live' section diagram;
- Design is based on Chezy, Escritt and Colebrook-White equations.
(Note: macros must be enabled for proper working of the spreadsheet. Follow instructions in this video)
Be the first to leave a comment...