Flitch Beam Design Spreadsheet to BS 5268 and BS 5950
Spreadsheet for designing flitch (also called flitched) beams. It allows to design timber and steel plate working as a composite beam - bolted. Used where timber alone is not strong enough. Spreadsheet combines fast input and clear output making it easy to use and allows to significantly reduce time spend on designing.
- A clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- Design single beam or load sharing elements;
- Change between four types of flitch beams: steel plate between two timber members; steel plates on two sides of timber member; steel plates top and bottom of timber member; steel plates sandwiched between three timber members;
- Schematic diagram of selected flitch beam type for easier appreciation;
- Quick summary of utilization factors;
- Bolt design;
- Softwoods covered: C14, C16, C18, C20, C22, C24, C27, C30, C35, C40, C45, C50;
- Hardwoods covered: D30, D35, D40, D50, D60, D70;
- Oak grades covered: TH1, TH2, THA, THB;
- Steel grades covered: S275, S355, S460;
- Change timber class;
- Change timber moisture content;
- Loading options: UDL, 2x Partial UDL, 2x Point Load;
- 'Live' Loading diagram;
- Compatible with older versions of Excel, like Excel 2000;
- Design is in accordance with British Standard (BS 5268:2 2002 & BS 5950:1 2000).
(Note: macros must be enabled for proper working of the spreadsheet. Follow instructions in this video)
To run the Single-User or the Company Licensed version of this spreadsheet you require:
- Microsoft Windows Excel version 2007 to 2016;
Contact me if you want to use this spreadsheet on MAC.
FREE Lite version: Flitch Beam Design
Spreadsheet to BS (2.2).
The restriction in this free lite version is that you can not change the company name nor the logo (shown in top left corner) - currently set to a made up company. Also you cannot change beam span.
FULL version: Flitch Beam Design
Spreadsheet to BS (2.2).
Single-User or Company License, which one is the best for me?
Fully working version where you change the company information and logo in the top left corner. Also you can change beam span.
By purchasing this spreadsheet you agree to the disclaimer and terms & conditions. Two types of licenses are available for this spreadsheet. The single-user license is offered for a nominal price of £20 - a great product that you can have for a great value.
After purchase fill in this Activation Key Request Form.