Bar Bending Schedules Reinforcement Tonnage Summing Spreadsheet
(Spreadsheet for Quantity Surveyors, Project Mangers and Contractors etc.)
Aim of this very powerful spreadsheet is to summarize reinforcement weights per bar diameter from multiple BBS files (bar bending schedules; also called bar lists or rebar lists) on a clear an easy to read schedule. This information can then be used to calculate cost of 'as-built' reinforcement (since cost per bar diameter differ) and compare it with estimated figures. User only specifies import preferences and folder with (up to 460) BBS files - the spreadsheet will go through all these BBS files and export rebar weights and list these as a project summary schedule. This capability is obviously extremely powerful and will save days of manual work. It will be especially appreciated by Quantity Surveyors, Contractors and Project Managers. Units of weight can be either metric or imperial (bar diameters can be adjusted to suit different countries).
To see how this spreadsheet works see the video or try FREE Lite Version.
- A clear and easy to use rebar tonnage summary schedule;
- Sums rebar tonnage from multiple BBS files (bar bending schedules) in a few seconds/minutes;
- For a typical size project rebar summary is done around 50x faster than by traditional methods;
- Works with spreadsheets with the following extensions: .xls .xlsx .xlsm .xlsb;
- Easy to use pop-up windows to import data and to navigate through the spreadsheet;
- For each BBS file reinforcement tonnage is given per bar diameter;
- Reinforcement tonnage is summarized per bar diameter for the whole project;
- Bar data can be imported in international (metric) or imperial System of Units (SI);
- Bar diameters can be freely changed, for example:
Canadian rebar: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 45, 55;
European rebar: 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 25, 32, 40, 50;
United States rebar: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14;
- Works with BBS with multiple sheets and with BBS prepared vertically on one sheet;
- Shows 'sheet count' and tonnage per BBS file for easy cross checking;
- Option to show file names or drawing titles;
- Option to manually add a BBS file data - in case only .PDF is available;
- Store up to three import preferences (ever rebar detailing company has different BBS layout).
(Note: macros must be enabled for proper working of the spreadsheet. Follow instructions in this video)
This video shows main capabilities of this spreadsheet.
"Works great, saved us a lot of time of going through hundreds of bar lists and collecting rebar data. Shame we did not decide to buy this spreadsheet when we did our previous projects." David H.
This spreadsheet uses ActiveX components in VBA - Apple's Mac OS does not support these. Therefore to use this spreadsheet you have to use computer with Windows and MS Excel (version 2007 and above).
Although the below limitations should not affect anyone, it is important to be aware of these:
- Up to 460 BBS files can be summarized;
- Up to 500 bars per each sheet in BBS file is allowed;
- Up to 100 sheets per BBS file (vertically or on separate tabs) is allowed.
...if you are affected by any of these limitations then contact me and I will adjust the spreadsheet. These are in place to avoid crippling processing speed of the spreadsheet.