Working Platform Design Spreadsheet to BRE Digest 470
(Piling Platform, Piling Mat Design Spreadsheet)
A very helpful spreadsheet for designing working platforms for tracked plant (piling platform for piling rig, sheet piling rig/handler or other ground treatment machinery). Allows to design working platforms with geosynthetic reinforcement (commonly known as geogrids). The spreadsheet is very easy to use and requires minimum input.
- A clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- Subgrade type considered: cohesive and granular;
- Automatically calculates soil properties;
- Pop-up window with product list from geogrid manufacturers: Enkagrid, Rhyno, Tensar.
- Two loading cases considered: standing/travelling/handling and installing/extraction;
- Depth calculated with and without geosynthetic reinforcement (geogrid);
- Minimum input required. Nγ (bearing capacity factor) and Kptanδ (punching shearing resistance coefficient) are automatically calculated based on ϕ (angle of shearing resistance);
- Compatible with older versions of Excel, like Excel 2000;
- Design is in accordance with BRE guidelines (BRE Digest 470).
"Really impressed with your spreadsheets. The working platform one is a real timesaver. Now that I’ve bought it I suggest you sell it at a much more commercial rate" Mel F.
"The best spent £40 on engineering software. Much appreciated" Chris T.
"This has been useful for the purpose of sensitivity analysis in particular, as it has saved the labour of repeated hand calculations" Charles Tallack.