Working Platform Design Spreadsheet to BRE Digest 470
(Piling Platform, Piling Mat Design Spreadsheet)
A very helpful spreadsheet for designing working platforms for tracked plant (piling platform for piling rig, sheet piling rig/handler or other ground treatment machinery). Allows to design working platforms with geosynthetic reinforcement (commonly known as geogrids). The spreadsheet is very easy to use and requires minimum input.
- A clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- Subgrade type considered: cohesive and granular;
- Automatically calculates soil properties;
- Pop-up window with product list from geogrid manufacturers: Enkagrid, Rhyno, Tensar.
- Two loading cases considered: standing/travelling/handling and installing/extraction;
- Depth calculated with and without geosynthetic reinforcement (geogrid);
- Minimum input required. Nγ (bearing capacity factor) and Kptanδ (punching shearing resistance coefficient) are automatically calculated based on ϕ (angle of shearing resistance);
- Design is based on BRE guidelines (BRE Digest 470).
(Note: macros must be enabled for proper working of the spreadsheet. Follow instructions in this video)
"We recently discovered Damian’s spreadsheets and have now purchased 5 different solutions (company licenses). We have been very impressed at the ease and speed with which the spreadsheets can be used and will definitely be purchasing more in the future." Dr Paul Rose BEng(Hons) PhD CEng MIStructE MICE RoseConsultingEngineers - www.roseconsult.co.uk
"Really impressed with your spreadsheets. The working platform one is a real timesaver. Now that I’ve bought it I suggest you sell it at a much more commercial rate" Mel F.
"The best spent £40 on engineering software. Much appreciated" Chris T.
"This has been useful for the purpose of sensitivity analysis in particular, as it has saved the labour of repeated hand calculations" Charles Tallack.