Steel Beam Design Spreadsheet to BS 5950
Essential spreadsheet for steel design. Due to its form, easy input and clear output it reduces time required for designing steel members. It includes lateral torsional buckling check therefore is a comprehensive and an important tool for structural engineers.
- A clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- Quick summary of utilization factors;
- Change steel grade: S275; S355; S460;
- Supported steel sections: UC, UB, PFC;
- Design for Lateral Torsional Buckling (LTB) based on effective length;
- Loading options: UDL, 2x Partial UDL, 2x Point Load;
- 'Live' Loading diagram;
- Change between deflection for Dead Load + Imposed Load or Imposed Load only;
- Changeable safety factors;
- Design is based on British Standard (BS 5950:1 2000).
(Note: macros must be enabled for proper working of the spreadsheet. See this easy step-by-step guide)
"I bought spreadsheets for (...) design of steel beams out of curiosity rather than need. I have to say that I was very pleased with the layout and ease of data input" Martin Palmer
"Very well designed spreadsheet, easy to use and gives a professional touch to reporting. keep it up!" Gee