R.C. Strip Footing Design Spreadsheet to BS 8110-1: 1997
Easy to use and comprehensive spreadsheet for designing reinforced and unreinforced concrete strip footings. Allows to apply axial, bending moment and/or horizontal loads. Supported wall can be positioned centrally or eccentrically on the footing. The spreadsheet checks uplift, overturning, sliding, bearing pressures. Where reinforced concrete footing is required the spreadsheet designs reinforcement for bending and shear. Required reinforcement is plotted on an easy to understand 'live' diagram. The diagram also gives foundation sizes for a quick check. The spreadsheet includes pop-up messages with help information.
- Clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- Unreinforced and reinforced concrete footings;
- Symmetrical and unsymmetrical footing;
- Checks overturning, uplift, sliding, bearing pressures;
- Designs reinforcement for bending and shear;
- Quick summary of utilization factors;
- Load cases: dead, imposed, wind;
- Loading: axial, bending moment, horizontal;
- In-spreadsheet help;
- 'Live' section diagram;
- Required reinforcement is plotted on diagram;
- Design is based on British Standard (BS 8110-1: 1997).
(Note: macros must be enabled for proper working of the spreadsheet. Follow instructions in this video)
Be the first to leave a comment...