R.C. Shear Walls Design Spreadsheet to BS 8110-1: 1997
Relatively simple but very powerful spreadsheet to design shear walls under wind plus dead load combination. Essential for stability check of reinforced concrete structure.
If you spend hours calculating (and then recalculating) wall stiffnesses, ∑(kr2), direct and torsional rotation component of force to then calculate reinforcement and concrete stresses for each wall in turn - then this spreadsheet will reduce your design time to as little as several minutes.
(Note: at present this spreadsheet is not compatible with older version of Excel, like Excel 2003 and older, as these do not recognize 'iferror' function. This will be revised in a next version of this spreadsheet.)
- A clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- Design Reinforced Concrete walls under dead and wind load combination;
- Input max and min safety factors for Dead Load for most adverse load combination;
- Specify superstructure and substructure height. Wind load will only be applied to above ground part of structure;
- Specify length of wall ends resisting tension;
- Designs horizontal and vertical reinforcement;
- Check minimum/maximum allowable reinforcement areas;
- 'Live' wall diagram;
- Compatible with older versions of Excel, like Excel 2000;
- Design is in accordance with British Standard (BS 8110-1: 1997).
(Note: macros must be enabled for proper working of the spreadsheet. See this easy step-by-step guide)
"I love it. Thanks for great support." Markus A.