R.C. Shear Walls Design Spreadsheet to BS 8110-1: 1997
Relatively simple but very powerful spreadsheet to design shear walls under wind plus dead load combination. Essential for stability check of reinforced concrete structure.
If you spend hours calculating (and then recalculating) wall stiffnesses, ∑(kr2), direct and torsional rotation component of force to then calculate reinforcement and concrete stresses for each wall in turn - then this spreadsheet will reduce your design time to as little as several minutes.
Make sure to look at this Worked Example with comments on how the spreadsheet works and how to use it efficiently and correctly.
(Note: at present this spreadsheet is not compatible with older version of Excel, like Excel 2003 and older, as these do not recognize 'iferror' function.)
- A clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- Design Reinforced Concrete walls under dead and wind load combination;
- Input max and min safety factors for Dead Load for most adverse load combination;
- Specify superstructure and substructure height. Wind load will only be applied to above ground part of structure;
- Specify length of wall ends resisting tension;
- Designs horizontal and vertical reinforcement;
- Check minimum/maximum allowable reinforcement areas;
- 'Live' wall diagram;
- Design is based on British Standard (BS 8110-1: 1997).
(Note: macros must be enabled for proper working of the spreadsheet. Follow instructions in this video)
"I love it. Thanks for great support." Markus A.