R.C. Column Design Spreadsheet to BS 8110-1: 1997
This is a very useful spreadsheet for designing reinforced concrete columns (braced, unbraced, slender, short, pinned, fixed etc). This together with the beam design spreadsheet is a fundamental tool for reinforced concrete designers. It makes column design a very simple task. The spreadsheet is easy to follow and use.
- A clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- Column is checked for compression, bending and bi-axial bending;
- Calculates required column reinforcement;
- Covers braced and unbraced columns (slender and short);
- Changeable bar diameters;
- The following end conditions can be specified: free (cantilever), pinned, semi-rigid and rigid;
- Spreadsheet checks column slenderness and applies additional moments as required by BS 8110;
- Includes column cross-section diagram for easier appreciations.
- Automatically calculates K;
- Gives 'N uz' and 'N bal' per reinforcement area;
- Gives minimum link diameter per reinforcement area;
- Option to change column type between vertically and horizontally (like precast column) cast;
- Up to eight loadcases;
- Compatible with older versions of Excel, like Excel 97;
- Design is in accordance with British Standard (BS 8110-1 1997);
(Note: macros must be enabled for proper working of the spreadsheet. See this easy step-by-step guide)
...this is a new spreadsheet. Be the first one to comment on it.
For other currencies go to checkout and select: € (EUR), £ (GBP) and $ (USD).