Masonry Wall Panel Design Spreadsheet to BS 5628: 2005
Spreadsheet for designing laterally loaded masonry wall panels. Allows to easily design reinforced/unreinforced single leaf masonry and cavity walls under wind load. Easy input and clear output with diagrams for quicker appreciation. Very useful spreadsheet for engineers working with loadbearing masonry buildings or cavity walls. Special consideration is given to Porotherm blocks.
- A clear and easy to read output (all on a single page);
- Quick summary of utilization factors;
- For single leaf walls and cavity walls;
- Bed joint reinforcement selection window. Library covers following manufacturers: Ancon, Bekaert Brickforce, Bekaert Murfor and Halfen. (Bekaert was previously BRC);
- Masonry covered: clay bricks, calcium silicate bricks, aggregate concrete bricks, aggregate concrete blocks (solid or hollow), Porotherm blocks (based on Technical Report and Design Guidance by Cream);
- Covers wall types from Table 8 (BS 5628-1) and free standing wall, simply supported or fixed at top and bottom;
- Limiting dimensions check in accordance with BS;
- Enhancement of lateral load resistance check;
- Diagrams showing wall panels' supports;
- Design is based on British Standard (BS 5628:1&2 2005).
(Note: macros must be enabled for proper working of the spreadsheet. Follow instructions in this video)
"Excellent addition to my existing analysis software & so easy to use :) (...) Thank you kindly for your swift reply. Your spreadsheets look super good." Diane Grieve for Breck Designs www.breckdesigns.com
"This spreadsheet has helped me understand the limits of a masonry wall. This is very useful to explain to novice contractors who sometimes do not appreciate the finer points of masonry as a material. It is quick and easy to select the different wall thicknesses from single leaf to solid wall or even cavity wall. The other feature I really like is you can select the fixity of the edges to obtain a more true to life scenario." Jeetendar Thukral - JK Consultancy Ltd
"Damian, I have tried your masonry wall panel designer and it is very useful [and easy to use as all your spreadsheets!]" Stewart L.
"(...) very simple, very powerful spreadsheet and a much easier way of quickly checking panels, than wading through expensive software. Many thanks." James Potter.
"(...) Awseome spreadsheety by the way, saving a lot of time with them." Claire C.