Employee/Student Attendance Tracker (FREE)
By default the admin password is blank. To change this go to settings page. Once added only admin will be allowed to add or remove leave.
This spreadsheet is FREE to use for tracking up to 10 employees.
This tracker is known under many names:
staff leave planner, holiday chart, vacation tracker, employee leave calendar, employee vacation calendar, employee attendance tracker, student attendance tracker, employee holiday tracker, student holiday tracker, holiday records, annual leave records, vacation records.
New in version 1.1:
Allows you to quickly check who is on leave at certain dates and decide whether to accept next leave request or not. Allows you to easily identify periods where a large number of employees is on leave and take appropriate precautions. This management tool allows you to save time and money.
- all employees are listed in one view;
- easy to follow, all information at a glance;
- easy to interrogate periods, and leave tendencies;
- change view between: one month, three months, six months or full year;
- to highlight an employee click his/her name, repeat to deselect;
- employee leave statistics are available (unless restricted by admin);
- counts number of employees off per day (available in one month and three months view);
- can be easily printed out for record keeping or resources meetings;
- in-spreadsheet help;
Detailed View page:
Allows employees to view their leave records in a clear table, and admin to quickly add or remove leave per employee.
- individual employee view;
- easy to follow;
- shows full year in one clear table;
- detailed leave statistics are available (unless restricted by admin);
- can be easily printed out as an individual annual leave record;
- admin can very quickly add/remove leave by selecting leave type and then clicking a date in the calendar (no need to fill in long tables with leave records);
- in-spreadsheet help;
Database and Settings pages:
Quickly add new employees and office holidays. Customize formatting of the spreadsheet.
- easy input of employee details including department/group, annual leave entitlement and annual leave carried over from previous year;
- easy input of office holidays with description for easy reference;
- customize leave names, colours and weighting (full day or half day available);
- select which month the financial year starts on (typically January or April, but any month can be selected);
- week can begin on Monday (European standard) or Sunday (American standard);
- leave can be referred to as Annual leave or Vacation;
- people can be referred to as Associates, Employees, Staff or Students;
- option to select department or group per employee;
- employee lists can be sorted by Surname or First name;
- employee lists can be displayed as "Surname Name", "Surname, Name" or "Name Surname";
- leave statistics can be visible to all, or only visible to admin;
- option to choose whether leave can be added over weekends and/or over office/bank holidays;
- option to enter Admin password to protect spreadsheet from editing by users. If Admin password is selected then users can't edit or see employee list of settings;
- enter carry over leave per person;
- in-spreadsheet help;
"I would say in a glimpse the excel sheet you have shared is a heaven sent. I was trying to put together a database to ease my burden and this is what exactly I needed. I am so inlove how clean and easy to understand what you have created. Thank you so much!" Jessie L.
"I downloaded your "Employee Attendance tracker" which is awesome" Sue L.
"I downloaded your employee attendance tracker and it is great – a real help to me." Yvonne S.
I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ADDING EMPLOYEES OR HOLIDAYS
You can add employees and holidays in the Database tab, in the top white row, next to the note 'Add new >>'. Make sure to watch the video to learn how to use the spreadsheet efficiently.
Note that in the basic spreadsheet you can add up to 10 employees. Premium version allows you to add up to 50 employees. Contact me if your company has more employees.
I WANT TO ADD MORE THAN 50 EMPLOYEES
I ADDED LEAVE BUT THE CELL DIDN'T HIGHLIGHT
If you added leave in the 'Detailed View' but the cell didn't highlight then highlight an adjacent cell and then click the first cell again to remove leave. This should fix the problem. This seems to happen in some versions of Excel and is most likely a glitch in Excel as the updating doesn't kick in straight away. But once it does the spreadsheet will work fine.